Callum Hann’s Spiced Cherry Tiramisu
Callum Hann Sprout recipe as created for the 2022 South Australian Cherry Season
INGREDIENTS: (serves 4)
- 400g Cherries, pitted and halved
- 1 Cinnamon quill
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons water
- ⅔ Cup mascarpone
- ⅔ Cup reduced-fat Greek yoghurt
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla bean extract
- 8 Sponge finger biscuits
- 200mL Espresso coffee
- 20g Dark chocolate, grated
- Combine cherries, cinnamon quill, brown sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until cherries have slightly softened. Set aside to cool.
- Fold together mascarpone, yoghurt and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- To construct the tiramisu, dip the biscuits into the coffee and place in the bottom of four small glass tumblers to create a full layer. Spoon over a layer of cherries and mascarpone mixture. Repeat biscuit, cherry and mascarpone layers.
- Sprinkle over grated chocolate prior to serving