2019 SA Strawberry Season Launch
On Friday November 15, 2019, we welcomed the South Australian Strawberry Season with a launch event held at the Adelaide Central Markets. An auction for a tray of South Australian strawberries, cooking demonstrations by Sprout Cooking School, tastings of local strawberries and an appearance by our strawberry mascot attracted the crowds.
Andrew Toop, of Toop & Toop Real Estate, waved the gavel at the auction with the highest bid going to Romeo’s Retail Group with a record-breaking price of $20,000! All funds raised were donated to Variety SA, the children’s charity.
With such a fantastic launch we know the South Australian strawberry season this year will be better than ever ! Be sure to look for South Australian strawberries when you are making your purchases this summer.
- Christine Scalzi crowned 2023 SA Cherry Queen
- Pick a Local, Pick SA! 2023 Television Commercial
- South Australia Launches 2023 Citrus Season
- South Australia’s Top Ten Fruit and Veg Stores Announced
- Meet Nicol Carrots
- Do you know your chillies?
- Callum’s Favourite Uses For Oranges
- Fruit and Veg Retailers Staying Open And Delivering Healthy Options to South Australians
- Anthony Romeo Crowned 2021 Cherry King as auction raises $50,000 for Camp Quality
- Lowana Fruits