Four ways to use apples
Pick A Local Pick SA brand ambassador – Callum Hann’s Four ways to use apples
Possibly the most common fruit-bowl filler, apples are one of the most convenient foods to have when you’re on the run.
They’re jam packed full of fibre, vitamin C and antioxidants, so they make for the perfect snack for the whole family!
There’s a different variety for every taste bud, whether you like them small and crisp, super sweet or refreshing and tart.
Try these varieties just coming into season now; Royal Gala are now coming into supply.
Here’s some of my favourite uses for apples:
- Using in a coleslaw with purple cabbage and plenty of flat leaf parsley. Serve with salmon, pork or beef.
- Slice thinly and combine with mint and coriander leaves, chilli and bean sprouts. Serve with grilled prawns, noodles and a lime juice dressin
- Core apples, roast them until tender then stuff with a cinnamon crumble and return to the oven to toast. Serve with vanilla custard.
- Dice green apples and toss together with avocado, jalapenos and coriander. Serve as an accompaniment to Mexican dishes
- Christine Scalzi crowned 2023 SA Cherry Queen
- Pick a Local, Pick SA! 2023 Television Commercial
- South Australia Launches 2023 Citrus Season
- South Australia’s Top Ten Fruit and Veg Stores Announced
- Meet Nicol Carrots
- Do you know your chillies?
- Callum’s Favourite Uses For Oranges
- Fruit and Veg Retailers Staying Open And Delivering Healthy Options to South Australians
- Anthony Romeo Crowned 2021 Cherry King as auction raises $50,000 for Camp Quality
- Lowana Fruits