Delicious apple crumble
- 150g (1 cup) plain flour
- 100g (1/2 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 100g chilled butter, chopped
- 50g (1/2 cup) rolled oats
- 60g (1/2 cup) chopped walnuts
- 1 x 800g can baker’s apple
- Vanilla ice-cream, to serve
Preheat oven to 180°C. Combine the flour, sugar, butter and oats in a bowl.
Use your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour mixture until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the walnuts.
Spoon the apple into a 1.5L (6-cup) capacity ovenproof dish. Scatter the walnut mixture evenly over the apples. Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Spoon the apple crumble into serving bowls. Serve with ice-cream.
Apple and Pear Growers Association of South Australia Inc have provided recipes to Pick A Local, Pick SA! to encourage the use of apples and pears.
Find more recipes and information by clicking HERE.