- 500gm sliced white medium Vitamin D Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove, minced (use micro plane or grater)
- 1/3 cup firmly packed continental parsley, washed and picked
- 2 tbsp of firmly packed dill, washed and picked
- Zest of one orange (reserve juice of half orange)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Place cut mushrooms into a large bowl.
Make the dressing, combine oil, vinegar, garlic, chopped parsley and dill, zest of orange and juice, salt, pepper and whisk all together.
Pour the dressing over the mushrooms and stir to coat and combine.
Cover and stand for 30 mins, serve as an antipasto.
Add to your favourite salad for extra flavour. Dressing can be made in a screw top jar, shake well.
SA Mushrooms give the mushrooms a short burst of light after they have been harvested. Less than a second of this light will stimulate the mushroom to produce your daily needs of vitamin D (10 mcg in a 100g serve)
Find out more about Vitamin D Mushrooms here.