Strawberry fool with sesame praline, citrus and basil – By Callum Hann
Callum Hann Sprout recipe as presented on SA Strawberry Season Launch 2020
- 1 Punnet strawberries, diced
- 1 Tablespoons brown sugar
- ⅔ Cup thickened cream
- ½ Cup thick low fat Greek yoghurt
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 1 Lemon zest
- 1 Orange, segmented
- 2 Tablespoons white/black sesame seeds
- 2 Tablespoons caster sugar
- ½ Bunch basil
- Add about two thirds of the diced strawberries (reserve remaining strawberries for serving) to a pan with brown sugar. Cook on a low heat, stirring until sugar has dissolved, strawberries have softened and the mixture has formed a jam-like consistency. Remove from the heat and cool.
- Meanwhile, combine cream, yoghurt, vanilla bean paste and lemon zest and whip to soft peaks.
- Add caster sugar to a dry pan on a high heat, without stirring. Once sugar has melted, swirl pan gently off the heat until the liquid is golden brown. Add sesame seeds to toffee and quickly pour onto a tray lined with baking paper. Allow to cool completely before snapping the praline into rough shards.
- To serve, fold cooled strawberry mixture through cream and yoghurt. Don’t over mix, to ensure you only get swirls of raspberry sauce going through the white cream. Divide between four dessert glasses, top with orange segments, reserved strawberries, shards of sesame praline and torn basil leaves.