Veg In This Winter Campaign Launches – SA Grown Hearty Winter Vegetables in Supply for Home Cooking
SA’s network of independently owned Pick a Local, Pick SA! fruit and veg stores are encouraging us to Veg In This Winter to enjoy locally grown in-season vegetables.
With COVID-19 creating a new normal of enjoying social gatherings at home, locally grown hearty vegetables are in great supply to satisfy our cravings for hearty soups, roast vegetables and immune boosting leafy bunch lines grown right here in South Australia.
“We are all enjoying the new normal of in-home cooking and now we can open our homes to family and friends to simply Veg In This Winter!” said Pick a Local, Pick SA! Campaign Manager Penny Reidy. “Hearty South Australian grown root vegetables like potatoes, onions and carrots are great for healthy winter soups and roasts – or try something different like tasty kalettes grown right here in the Adelaide Hills.”
AUSVEG SA CEO Jordan Brooke-Barnett said “The potato industry alone is valued at over $200 million per annum in South Australia and our hardworking growers supply over 80% of Australia’s domestic production. Our state is also a leading producer nationally of other staple lines such as carrots, onions, root vegetables like turnips and parsnips and brussels sprouts. All of these will be in season over the winter period, so we are asking SA consumers to support our local growers and jobs in our community by stocking up on hearty, healthy winter veg in the coming weeks.”
South Australian Produce Market CEO, Angelo Demasi, said “The SA Produce Market has a great supply of South Australian grown vegetables available at the moment with locally sourced potatoes, carrots, sweet potatoes and onions as well as bunch vegetables such as beetroot, bok choy and broccolini available daily. The SA Produce Market need the support of our community for local growers, wholesalers and retailers to ensure continuity of supply.”
Independent fruit and veg retailers across the State make the daily early morning commute to the SA Produce Market in Pooraka to source the freshest quality produce to stock in their retail stores. Shoppers can look for the Pick a Local, Pick SA! signage in their local fruit and veg store to know they are supporting South Australians from farmer to retailer.
- Pye Group – Potatoes, Carrots and Onions from the Mallee
- Introducing The Major Sponsor Of The ACBA Umpires, Pick a Local, Pick SA!
- Citrus delivery KickStarts Breakfast for SA Kids in Need
- Citrus season donations for SA School Children come to the Riverland
- Northern School Students Receive 300kg Orange Donation
- Citrus season launches just in time to fuel the kids for winter sports
- Mother’s Day 2020 – Gift Ideas
- Filsell’s Apples Orchard Visit – Adelaide Hills
- Local Independent Fruit and Veg Retailers Delivering Healthy Options to South Australians
- Adelaide Hills Horticultural Industry Funds Available For Post Fire Recovery