2019 SA Strawberry Season Launch
On Friday November 15, 2019, we welcomed the South Australian Strawberry Season with a launch event held at the Adelaide Central Markets. An auction for a tray of South Australian strawberries, cooking demonstrations by Sprout Cooking School, tastings of local strawberries and an appearance by our strawberry mascot attracted the crowds.
Andrew Toop, of Toop & Toop Real Estate, waved the gavel at the auction with the highest bid going to Romeo’s Retail Group with a record-breaking price of $20,000! All funds raised were donated to Variety SA, the children’s charity.
With such a fantastic launch we know the South Australian strawberry season this year will be better than ever ! Be sure to look for South Australian strawberries when you are making your purchases this summer.
- Citrus season donations for SA School Children come to the Riverland
- Northern School Students Receive 300kg Orange Donation
- Citrus season launches just in time to fuel the kids for winter sports
- Mother’s Day 2020 – Gift Ideas
- Filsell’s Apples Orchard Visit – Adelaide Hills
- Local Independent Fruit and Veg Retailers Delivering Healthy Options to South Australians
- Adelaide Hills Horticultural Industry Funds Available For Post Fire Recovery
- Pick a Local Pick SA! RAISES $75,000 FOR SA GROWERS
- Romeo’s Boost Adelaide Hills Horticulture Appeal
- Adelaide Hills Berry Farm Visit