Four ways to use absolutely delicious apples
Possibly the most common fruit-bowl filler, apples are one of the most convenient foods to have when you’re on the run.
They’re jam packed full of fibre, vitamin C and antioxidants, so they make for the perfect snack for the whole family!
There’s a different variety for every taste bud, whether you like them small and crisp, super sweet or refreshing and tart.
Try these varieties just coming into season now; Royal Gala are now coming into supply.
Here’s some of my favourite uses for apples:
Using in a coleslaw with purple cabbage and plenty of flat leaf parsley. Serve with salmon, pork or beef.
Slice thinly and combine with mint and coriander leaves, chilli and bean sprouts. Serve with grilled prawns, noodles and a lime juice dressin
Core apples, roast them until tender then stuff with a cinnamon crumble and return to the oven to toast. Serve with vanilla custard.
Dice green apples and toss together with avocado, jalapenos and coriander. Serve as an accompaniment to Mexican dishes
- PIck a Local Pick SA at the 2019 Royal Adelaide Show
- Recipe Alert: Tomato and shaved zucchini salad
- Recipe Alert: Roasted eggplant with capsicum hummus, pomegranate & herbs
- Case study – Stramare Produce and CHEP
- Case study – Ceravolo and CHEP
- Strawbs galore.
- Make asparagus the hero.
- An abundance of avo’s!
- Plenty of ways to use pumpkin…
- Countless uses for carrots…