Four ways to use apples
Pick A Local Pick SA brand ambassador – Callum Hann’s Four ways to use apples
Possibly the most common fruit-bowl filler, apples are one of the most convenient foods to have when you’re on the run.
They’re jam packed full of fibre, vitamin C and antioxidants, so they make for the perfect snack for the whole family!
There’s a different variety for every taste bud, whether you like them small and crisp, super sweet or refreshing and tart.
Try these varieties just coming into season now; Royal Gala are now coming into supply.
Here’s some of my favourite uses for apples:
- Using in a coleslaw with purple cabbage and plenty of flat leaf parsley. Serve with salmon, pork or beef.
- Slice thinly and combine with mint and coriander leaves, chilli and bean sprouts. Serve with grilled prawns, noodles and a lime juice dressin
- Core apples, roast them until tender then stuff with a cinnamon crumble and return to the oven to toast. Serve with vanilla custard.
- Dice green apples and toss together with avocado, jalapenos and coriander. Serve as an accompaniment to Mexican dishes
- Callum’s favourite uses for avocados
- PIck a Local Pick SA at the 2019 Royal Adelaide Show
- Ways to use pumpkin…
- Callum’s favourite uses for carrots
- Callum’s Favourite uses for oranges
- Recipe Alert: Tomato and shaved zucchini salad
- Recipe Alert: Roasted eggplant with capsicum hummus, pomegranate & herbs
- Case study – Stramare Produce and CHEP
- Five perfect ways to use pears…
- Five uses for fresh figs