Five uses for fresh figs
Pick A Local Pick SA brand ambassador – Callum Hann’s Five Uses for Fresh Figs
I’ve always found it strange that figs seem to be such a polarising fruit.
I think it’s probably due to people not knowing how to use or eat them rather a genuine dislike.
The good news is that you can eat the entire fig, other than the tiny knobbly stem at the very top.
Like cherries, figs have one of the shortest seasons, so when you see them use them while you can!
Here’s some of my favourite uses for figs:
- Quarter figs, drizzle with honey and yoghurt and serve with your breakfast muesli
- Cut figs into wedges, toss with rocket, shallots and fresh mozzarella or blue cheese. Drizzle with good quality balsamic and serve with crusty bread
- Make mini pavlovas and top with marcapone, figs and chopped roasted pistachios
- Halve figs, toss with olive oil and place in a pork roasting pan for the final 10-15 minutes or cooking
- Slice figs and place push into a butter cake batter. Brush with a syrup made from lemon juice and honey and bake in a low oven until sticky and glazed.
- Christine Scalzi crowned 2023 SA Cherry Queen
- Pick a Local, Pick SA! 2023 Television Commercial
- South Australia Launches 2023 Citrus Season
- South Australia’s Top Ten Fruit and Veg Stores Announced
- Meet Nicol Carrots
- Do you know your chillies?
- Callum’s Favourite Uses For Oranges
- Fruit and Veg Retailers Staying Open And Delivering Healthy Options to South Australians
- Anthony Romeo Crowned 2021 Cherry King as auction raises $50,000 for Camp Quality
- Lowana Fruits