Mandy Hall V Helen The Greek Vegetarian in Mushroom Cook Off
Thursday October 15 is National Mushroom Day and to celebrate Pick a Local, Pick SA! is hosting a Mushroom Cook Off between two former Master Chef contestants Mandy Hall and Helen “the Greek Vegetarian” Mouneimne.
The two chefs will create mushroom based dishes as we broadcast live on facebook direct from the growers shed of SA Mushrooms farm in Waterloo Corner on the Northern Adelaide Plains.
The two chefs will have 45 minutes to create a dish that heroes mushrooms picked directly from the farm. Viewers can tune in live during their lunch break for some dinner inspiration, to ask questions directly to the chefs and be in the running to win a box of fresh SA Mushrooms.
SA Mushrooms is the largest privately owned mushroom farm in South Australia – find out more about this successful South Australian business here.
Details of the event – and to join in the live midday broadcast on Thursday October 15 – head to facebook here https://fb.me/e/1yFSGHGFp
Or why not try these great mushroom recipes
- Stuffed Mushrooms
- Marinated Mushrooms
- Mushroom and Chorizo Bruschetta
- Mushroom, Eggplant and Turkey Orecchiette
- Mushroom Miso Pies by Mandy Hall
- Mushroom, Baby Spinach and Chickpea Curry
Penny Reidy, Campaign Manager Pick a Local, Pick SA! said SA Mushrooms is a great example of the hard-working family businesses supplying fresh produce in South Australia.
“South Australia is fortunate to have amazing produce here on our doorstep that can go from the paddock to the plate within hours. Shoppers should look for SA Mushrooms in one of the 99 independent fruit and veg retailers displaying the Pick A Local, Pick SA! sign to know they are supporting the local industry.”
Pick up some locally grown mushrooms from your local independent fruit and veg store today – you can find your local here.
You can watch a recap of the facebook live event here.
- Day in the life of a Cherry King
- Fruit and Veg Retailers Staying Open And Delivering Healthy Options to South Australians
- SA Mushrooms – Largest Privately Owned Mushroom Farm in SA
- M&B Flowers – Two Wells
- Transhipping Ripened QLD Bananas from Victoria is Placing South Australian Regions at Risk and Costing Local Jobs
- Masterchef’s Callum Hann Celebrates Nine Years with Pick a Local, Pick SA!
- Father’s Day 2020 – Gift Ideas
- Pye Group – Potatoes, Carrots and Onions from the Mallee
- Introducing The Major Sponsor Of The ACBA Umpires, Pick a Local, Pick SA!
- Veg In This Winter Campaign Launches – SA Grown Hearty Winter Vegetables in Supply for Home Cooking